Welcome to Kindergarten at the Fabulous Ray Elementary!
Important dates: .
- Friday, May 12 - Mother's Day Make-overs 8:30-10:00 a.m. Pajama Day. Ray Talent Show at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 15 - K-2 Accolade Assembly at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 19 - Kindergarten field trip to the Thinkery
- Tuesday, May 23 - A+FCU deposit day
- Thursday, May 25 - Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 26 - NO SCHOOL!
- Monday, May 29 - NO SCHOOL!
- Thursday, June 1 - Kindergarten Fun in the Sun Day
- Friday, June 2 - Early Release at noon and LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
What are We Learning?
We are discussing the story elements of fairy and folk tales.
We are writing stories with beginnings, middles, and endings.
We are comparing, composing, and decomposing numbers.
We are observing, describing, and comparing the physical characteristics of reptiles.
We are discussing cultural traditions.
High Frequency Sight Words (For the complete list of sight words for the year, please see the attached document, "rainbow 16-17.")
a me the and I go he had my see you has we is in of am at can like to have as up look it his said she with for yes no but was him her
what were that they boy out be girl down did saw went ran run yes no run ran so not good us big get got jump there some when then an
Kindergarten Master Schedule (Some times may vary slightly from class to class.)
Language Arts/Social Studies 7:40-10:10
Accountable Book Talk 11:20-11:40
Snack/Centers/Shine Time 2:10-2:55